Announcing the Summer School
We are pleased to announce the 2009 Summer School in Sound and Music Computing & SID Training School on Interactions with Environmental Sounds. It will take place just before the SMC conference.
The theme of this summer school is Interacting with Sounds of Porto. This summer school will explore the potential of recording, processing, sharing and interacting with city sounds. There will be lectures and hands-on practical sessions under the supervision of tutors.
Lectures and teachers:
- Design of new interfaces for musical expression, by Marcelo Wanderley.
- Registering the soundscape, by Joel Chabade.
- Sound edition, description and retrieval, social networks, by Xavier Serra
Tutors: Jean-Julien Aucouturier, Stephan Baumann, Eoin Brazil, Bram de Jong, Luis Gustavo Martins, Rui Penha, Stefania Serafin and Federico Fontana.
- April 24th / Deadline for application
- May 12th / Notification of acceptance
The COST Action IC0601 on Sonic Interaction Design will provide financial help to a selection of students under the form of individual fixed grants of 500 Euros (preference will be given to students whose proposal projects best fit SID topics).
There will be special (lower) conference fees for Summer School students.