Inspirational Session on "Current Challenges in Sound and Music Computing"
Chaired by Xavier Serra
Through eight short presentations and a lively discussion on open issues and challenges this session aims to gather ideas for updating the Sound and Music Computing Roadmap (http://smcnetwork.org/roadmap)
- Giovanni de Poli, Federico Avanzini: "The evolving context of SMC Education - Notes for a Discussion"
- Antonio Camurri, Gualtiero Volpe: "Joint SMC EU curricula – some ideas and perspectives"
- Matthias Mauch, Katy Noland, Dan Tidhar: "Unified Music Modelling and Evaluation: A central concept"
- Marcelo Wanderley: "Evaluation of Input Devices for Musical Expression"
- Anssi Klapuri: "Collecting samples from our living environment and making machines to understand sound"
- Chris Chafe: "Network Concerts: Virtues and Challenges"
- Hannes Raffaseder: "More of the same? - Towards new artistic concepts and aesthetic approaches in computer music"
- Christopher Raphael: "Music for Computer Games"